Tuesday, February 22, 2011

January Recap

January. is. a. blur. As are most months around here. I don't know why. We have some excitement mixed in to the day to day mundane and yet I am just as shocked when the end of one month rolls around and we are starting another one. Is this really the last full week of February?? Could we really be seeing signs of Spring soon?! I don't like how quickly time seems to pass. It makes me feel old. In the voice of Gru {Despicable Me}: Not Cool.

Anyway. I have been through my January photo albums. A lot. And I can't really find anything new to post. I think it's because we spent a good chunk of January recovering from our massive road trip and just trying to get back into a routine. Yeah, that getting back into routine thing took most of the month. So, here's what you may have missed.

* Date-night-movie-of-the-month returns: Yay!! I really do look forward to getting out at least once a month with just my hubby to go see a new movie. We are simple date-night people. Tickets to the latest blockbuster and maybe a small tub of popcorn and a Coke to share and we are happy campers. January's movie was at the cheap theater. And we had a gift card. :) RED: Retired. Extremely Dangerous. Have y'all seen this yet? I think it's at Redbox now. A must-see if you like action movies! Seriously, how awesome is it to see Helen Mirren {who won an Oscar for portraying the Queen of England in "The Queen"} be an expert shot with any gun?!

* Stake Relief Society fireside: I admit, I'm not always the most excited to go to Relief Society functions but am usually pretty happy that I went. This fireside-thing was no exception, so I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson. The theme was "establishing a house of God" and my friend Jenn Dahl {of All Dahled Up} was in charge of all the decorations {you can see pictures here}. Being her friend {and one of her husband's home teaching families} has its perks - she sent me home with my own "Establish a House of God" decoration!It is now located on our "mantle" aka the top of the piano, right next to our framed copy of "The Living Christ".

* Potty-Training: Towards the end of the month we re-started this cold turkey. It's going well. More on it later, though......

* Weekend in Oregon: This ended up being the last time Ethan and I saw Grandpa Ken and I am glad we went. Read more about our trip here.

* Goals check-in: Working on everything. Definitely still need to try harder with the scripture reading and I am ready for some warmer weather so Ethan and I can get outside and I can get back to my 4-mile walks. Got my 10 blog posts in, but I'm still working on showing more comment love to others! Other than that, I just keep moving forward. :)

* Random Sleeping Ethan Pictures:
This was one night when Ethan decided he didn't want to sleep in his own bed, so he tucked himself into "bed" on his Lightening McQueen couch.

Once in a while, when Ethan can't sleep well, we pull his crib mattress {since he sleeps on a twin bed now} in to our room so he can sleep on the floor. This is how I found him one morning!

3 comments:

Christine said...

That's my ducky blanket that I made for him!! :D
I love RED, it was a fun movie.
I could use some blog love! :P

Christine said...

And I want that house decoration thing...so cute!

Emily said...

I REALLY want to see Red, I have heard that everyone loves it. I'm so jealous you guys get to go to a movie every month!