So, for the record (and many of you may have already seen it for the brief time it was posted on our blog) I
already published my Mother's Day post. It was
done.
Complete.
Finished. Pictures added and arranged. Text witty and engaging. Entire post edited and
PUBLISHED!! But then Blogger went
ka-pooey and I was left with the Mother's Day post I started at the beginning of the week that only had a few pictures. So, I am going to attempt to re-create it. In case you couldn't tell by the delay in "re-posting", I've been dreading it. I was ready to move on to something new, not waste my time re-writing something I had already published! Grrrr...... Ok. I'm done venting.
I think.
*******
Mother's Day proved to be much better than I thought it was going to be this year. The Friday before had been a particularly rough day at the Southworth house with more than one fit thrown by "sweet, little" Ethan, lots of whining and several other events that culminated in nap time for both of us! Sean stepped in when he got home and then Saturday was much better. He and Ethan disappeared for several hours on a "secret mission" to "get Mommy some Mother's Day surprises" and it was very nice to have the house to myself. This almost never happens as the only break I ever get is if I leave the house - usually for an errand or trip to the grocery store. Then, of course, Saturday evening we had our date night at Ikea (see previous post).
Sunday morning I got to sleep in a little and then Ethan was sent in to get me once breakfast was ready. Waffles, cheesy eggs and bacon.
Mmmmm.....
And then Ethan insisted I open/look at all my gifts right then. Pink gerbera daisy plant, chocolate caramel apple {
from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, my fave!} and a necklace/earrings set. Ethan's card to me said, "Mom, I don't know how you ever put up with me." And then on the inside, "Oh, yeah. I'm adorable. That's it."
Sigh... So true, so true!

Apparently Ethan picked out the necklace/earrings and they were marked and half-off. He was very excited to tell the lady who helped ring them up that they were "for his Mommy" but when they didn't ring up at half-off it was realized that the sale was part of a "door-buster deal" and they had forgotten to take the sign down. So, Sean walked away! {
I'm very proud of his bargain-hunting skills!} Well, the lady called them back and gave it to them for the sale price {
which, really, is only far since it was the store's fault for not taking down the sign}.
Of course, I then had to build my outfit for church around wearing my new necklace and earrings.


These pictures were taken after church while Ethan and I were still in our Mother's Day Sunday best! Notice the white flower? My friend made it for me and since organza was on sale at JoAnns last week, I bought several different shades and will make some for myself. You burn/melt the edges of the petals and they curl up on their own - I'll post pictures/how-to when I get around to it! Anyway, you may also my Froot Loop necklace in the first picture. Ethan made it for me in Sunbeams and I wore it on the way home. Then, as we were trying to get a few pictures together he started eating it to the point that if I showed you all the pictures, you'd notice my cereal necklace getting progressively shorter! I finally gave up and gave it back to him. He devoured it. You'd think we don't feed the poor kid!

In other Mother's Day church happenings, Ethan refused to go up and sing with the Primary kids during sacrament meeting. No amount of coaxing worked. Not even trying to pre-arrange an older kid to go up with him. Kind of a bummer since this was his first opportunity to go up and sing since moving up from Nursery to Primary (we missed the Easter song since we were down in Oregon). But he sat on my lap and snuggled with me instead, so that was ok. Besides, I can't say that I blame him. I don't think I went up and sang with the Primary until I was 5 or 6... or maybe even 7! I was super shy and I remember it terrified me. It was a pretty big deal when I finally went up. Anyway, like mother like son. Then, after sacrament meeting, we got our little goodies. Pink boxes loaded with homemade chocolates and caramels. We have a "ward confectioner" and each box had macadamia nut turtles in white, dark and milk chocolate and then 4 caramels. I savored them and slowly ate them throughout the week.

After church, Mother Nature smiled down on me for Mother's Day {
we're tight like that} and gave us a window of no rain so Sean could BBQ our dinner. We had BBQ burgers, kettle chips and ice cold Mexican Coca-Cola {
10x better when it's in a glass bottle... I'm just sayin'}.


Yeah, you may want to wipe the drool off your keyboard after looking at that burger. And yes, they were as good as they look! No sooner had we finished dinner, though, and there was another downpour.
The rest of the evening was pretty low-key. We called the Moms, took pictures of the rainbow, got Ethan to bed early and then Sean popped us some popcorn and we watched a show. Yep, it was a good day. :)

Earlier in the week we sent off a couple of packages for my mom and Lynnie. Inside was a flower pot, fabric flowers and Hershey's hugs and kisses. Since the gift had to be reassembled, I took pictures and wrote out some brief instructions and included those in the package for fun. Ethan painted the flower pots and then we covered his hands in white paint and put his handprints on them. Quite literally, these were
hand-painted flower pots. Ha ha! Get it?! Ok, moving on....

This was Nana's.

This was Grandma Julie's.


And this was mine!! Does it still count as coming from my little boy if it was my idea and I got the materials for it and helped him put his handprints on it and wrote on it?! Because he really did all the painting part himself!

Anyway, back to Lynnie and my Mom.... Thank you for being such wonderful moms in my life and for giving me a great example to follow. I love you and am so thankful for all you do for my family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment