Monday, May 16, 2011

Scenes from the Weekend: Father/Son Campout

This week's Scenes from the Weekend is brought to you by the Father/Son camp-out! Because that's all that's on our camera from this weekend!!

Friday evening Sean and Ethan headed out for our ward's Father/Son camp-out. Of course, I wasn't there, so I'm just going to let the pictures do most of the talking...

Camping gear loaded in the Explorer - here are my boys ready to head out.

Their home for the night.

Apparently there was a lot of running around. I believe it, both my boys took 3 hour naps Saturday afternoon!

Ethan and Sam. These two played together a lot. They are basically best buds now and share a love of cars and trains (and wrestling - see first picture). I for-see many play-dates for them in the future. :)

LOVE this picture of Ethan just before bedtime!! Look at the big grin - you know he is loving his male-bonding with daddy.

Pancake breakfast in the morning.

My boys just before they came home.


And what did I do while they were gone....??

Had a girls' night with all the wives of the hubbies at the camp-out!! This is me holding Sam's little brother. It was kind of weird... I was the only one at our impromptu party with no kids since we only have our little Ethan.

We had a breakfast-for-dinner potluck feast!
Puffed french toast, crepes with strawberries and a cream cheese/whipped cream filling, sausage and bacon, cantaloupe and then I made breakfast taquitos. It was quite the spread.
{Above two pictures lovingly stolen from Vicki's FB page!}

The rest of my late night was spent reading this:

I finished it Saturday afternoon and can't wait to get started on the Specials.

PS: In case you missed it for the few hours it was posted on Thursday, Mother's Day 2011 is just below....

No comments: