Monday, May 14, 2012

April 9th, 2012: Happy 5th Birthday, ETHAN!!


Pretty sure this is the latest I have ever done Ethan's birthday post... Yep. Just checked. It's a whole month later than I usually post it. Oh, well...
Ethan got to celebrate his birthday this year for about a week and a half:

1. With just Mommy, Daddy and Mickey Mouse in Disneyland!
2. With Nana, Papa, Uncle Todd, Aunt Muffy and cousins in California.
3. With Grandpa Greg, Grandma Julie, Aunt Christine and Aunt Lizzy for Easter.
4. With just Mommy and Daddy again on his actual birthday.
5. With all his friends at his construction party... that post still to come.

I'm going to focus on #3 and #4, i.e. April 8th and April 9th, 2012.

{Have I mentioned that Easter and Ethan's birthday fell exactly the way they did the year he was born?? Easter was on Sunday, the 8th, and his birthday was Monday, the 9th - kinda cool.}

Anyway.

April 8th, Easter:
After Easter dinner/clean-up, Ethan got to open presents from Christine, Grandma Julie/Grandpa Greg, Grandma Sandy/Grandpa Chuck and an Easter bag from Nana and Papa. He was pretty excited... New clothes, new game for his Leapster, new books, Star Wars mask (still on the Star Tours rebel spy excitement) and lightsaber.

 



I don't know.... I'm not sure he looks very excited in that last picture!

Just before my family had to leave, we did a quick round of "Happy Birthday" with candles in the pie... even though we were all still too full from Easter dinner.

April 9th, Ethan's Birthday:
Kind, loving parent that I am, I ditched Ethan on his birthday for a little while. While in California, I received an email from a company wanting to interview me for a job I had applied for. Since they were kind enough to postpone the interview several days for me while we were out of town, I decided not to push and let them schedule the interview for Monday. {Sidenote: Turns out it was not the job I was thinking it was - low pay and more hours than I wanted to work. I didn't get the job and wasn't sad about it!}So I dropped Ethan off at a friend's house and he got to hang out with them for a few hours - this included a trip to IKEA and an ice cream cone. Pretty sure Ethan didn't feel neglected!


That afternoon Ethan and I went shopping for party decorations and supplies - with a pit-stop at Trader Joe's since we were right next door and I realized I hadn't been since before we moved!

We celebrated that night by going to Red Robin for dinner - Ethan's choice.




After dinner we witnessed a miracle... Ethan is always begging to do those silly claw machines that are a waste of money because no one ever gets anything. Yeah, we let him do it one time since it was his birthday. Sean helped him line it up and... he got something!! Not sure what it is, but Ethan was thrilled.


Hard to believe my baby boy is 5 years old!! Such a smart, cute kid and growing up so fast - off to kindergarten in the fall, learning to swim, learning to read, etc. He's a keeper and we're sure happy he's in our family!

No comments: