Or... a new answer to the "what's that noise?" question! This time it was the muffler of our '91 Accord hitting against the pavement on parts of the road that had any sort of dip. I was informed by Sean yesterday that the muffler seemed to be hanging a bit low and was hitting the road on some turns and with bumps in the road. Great! One more thing to worry about! He said that he thought it would be ok for now and would probably make it to Salem and back when he has to go this coming Saturday. Nope!! I had a stake meeting tonight and Sean had mutual, so I took the Honda and Sean took Ethan in the Explorer. I noticed the muffler scraping as soon as I pulled onto the main road, but that was to be expected. I made it to the freeway and my exit and then I noticed it scraped a few more times and I had already decided that once I got to my destination I was going to try to just take the whole muffler off. Nope!! Didn't make it that far either. I was barely off the exit when the guy behind me was flashing his brights on and off. I knew what he wasn't going to tell me. My muffler is dragging a little. Wrong again. The muffler was sparking against the pavement!! Well, that pretty much left me stranded. I called up Sean to bring the duct tape once I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be able to get the muffler off by myself. But believe me, I tried. So the muffler is being held on with the almighty tape of duct. Joy. Granted, this is not the first time this has happened. Last year, on Christmas, the muffler fell off (where it connects to the car, not the tailpipe) and was seriously dragging and sparking. I also had a good samaritan stop me that time to warn me. Merry Christmas!! The muffler was then replaced as needed. It is the next connecting piece that has since rusted, broke, brought on more aggravation, etc. and will need to be repaired. Yay.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Duct Tape to the Rescue!
Or... a new answer to the "what's that noise?" question! This time it was the muffler of our '91 Accord hitting against the pavement on parts of the road that had any sort of dip. I was informed by Sean yesterday that the muffler seemed to be hanging a bit low and was hitting the road on some turns and with bumps in the road. Great! One more thing to worry about! He said that he thought it would be ok for now and would probably make it to Salem and back when he has to go this coming Saturday. Nope!! I had a stake meeting tonight and Sean had mutual, so I took the Honda and Sean took Ethan in the Explorer. I noticed the muffler scraping as soon as I pulled onto the main road, but that was to be expected. I made it to the freeway and my exit and then I noticed it scraped a few more times and I had already decided that once I got to my destination I was going to try to just take the whole muffler off. Nope!! Didn't make it that far either. I was barely off the exit when the guy behind me was flashing his brights on and off. I knew what he wasn't going to tell me. My muffler is dragging a little. Wrong again. The muffler was sparking against the pavement!! Well, that pretty much left me stranded. I called up Sean to bring the duct tape once I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be able to get the muffler off by myself. But believe me, I tried. So the muffler is being held on with the almighty tape of duct. Joy. Granted, this is not the first time this has happened. Last year, on Christmas, the muffler fell off (where it connects to the car, not the tailpipe) and was seriously dragging and sparking. I also had a good samaritan stop me that time to warn me. Merry Christmas!! The muffler was then replaced as needed. It is the next connecting piece that has since rusted, broke, brought on more aggravation, etc. and will need to be repaired. Yay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cars are dumb, that's all I have to say about that. We still don't have ours back....
bummer. Don't you just love duck tape though? it solves almost every problem! :) Are you guys going to Glide for Thanksgiving? Hope to see you there!
eh ... car trouble is a bummer! :(
but duct tape ... is amazingly versatile! :)
We're going to the Saturday night showing on May 2nd :) I believe it starts at 8.
I DEFINITELY want to go see Wicked! I LOVE the books! And I want to see Movin Out as well :) Gotta love that Billy Joel!
Sorry this comment has nothing to do with this post... :)
Post a Comment