Ethan has two current MAJOR obsessions right now.
#1: 'The Jungle Book' Disney movie.
#2: The Toys'R'Us Christmas catalog.
He LOVES Jungle Book. Every day I hear, "Gook" which is 'Jungle Book' in Ethan-talk. He doesn't watch much TV, but when we turn that movie on he is hooked! He will sit on the couch, completely mesmerized. His favorite part is the elephants. "Two, two, two!" he says when they start their march and sing, "Hut, two, three, four..." Soooo cute!! Also, Shere Khan, the tiger is referred to as a 'kitty'.

His other obsession is with the current Toys'R'Us Christmas catalog. He flips back and forth through the pages, over and over again and will keep himself occupied with it for 5-15 minutes at a time! We've already lost the front/back cover pages and at least the next 3 or 4, but he keeps looking through it. There's one page with some Elmo and Handy Manny toys, so I usually hear him turn several pages ahead and then go back to those pages since he actually recognizes something. Here are some pictures of him with the catalog.






[Check out his first pair of Nikes in this picture. Pretty sweet shoes, huh?!]
8 comments:
How cute! I want a child that I only have to give pictures of toys to and not the actual toys for entertainment. haha. Too bad it doesn't last. That is too funny!
And aren't little shoes SO cute!
Those pics (and shoes too) are the cutest! I love, love, love Ethan's expressions while he's looking at the magazine.
On another note, where'd you disappear to today? We watched Ethan while Daddy went up to conduct the choir. I was glad we sat next to them! I was ready with my colored scripture markers to engage him in something "new" when Dad disappeared (so he wouldn't notice). There was one tense moment when he looked around and said "Dad?" but I enticed him with another crayon and all was well. He is just so adorable. I love his sweet little grin.
his shoes are very cute!!! he is just getting his christmas list going in his mind :)
That is SOOOOOO funny!!! I love how he is so serious looking at his magazine!
I have been wanting to show Easton Jungle Book. They don't have it every time we go to the library. I'm glad to know that Ethan likes it.
Isn't everyone's favorite part of Jungle Book the elephants? Cute pictures of Ethan looking through the catalog. He's getting so big! Spencer would love to play with something like that -- it would last about five seconds before he tried to eat it.
That is so funny that he likes to flip through the toys r us magazine! And that is just way too funny that he calls sher con the tiger a kitty! Jackson loves that movie, except when the tiger comes on- he is pretty scared of him! And those Nike shoes are way sweet!
Oh no. The child with a toy catalogue. We all know what comes next...
Oh Jen he is so precious! I remember when I was a kid, not that young, circling all the toys I wanted for Christmas in that catalog and the Sears catalog. Looks like he's getting a head start! I love how he says "two,two,two" at the elephant part in jungle book, so cute! I wish we lived closer so our boys could play. And yes, Christmas music totally rocks right now. :0)
Post a Comment