Friday, November 14, 2008

Rocky Road Ice Cream

Rocky Road Ice Cream
Who knew?! Apparently everyone but me! All of my life I have avoided Rocky Road ice cream with a 10-foot pole. "Yuck!" I would proudly say with my nose high in the air. Sean even attempted to get me to try it a couple times. "Nope. No-uh! No way! I didn't like it then and I won't like it now!" Finally, last night when I was at the grocery store, Sean called to see if I'd pick up some ice cream. All right. Breyers was on sale, so we went with that - just had to decide on a flavor. Sean said he'd been craving some Rocky Road and suggested I really should give it a try. "It's got everything you'd like in it: chocolate ice cream, marshmallow swirl and almonds."
"Whooooaa. Back that up. Did you say the nuts that are in the ice cream that I have detested all these years is almonds?!?! I LOVE almonds. My favorite nut. And they're even chocolate-covered! How had I not known all this time that it was almonds?!" See, I am not a big fan of nuts in anything sweet - cookies, brownies, ice cream, etc. They just don't belong there most of the time. So I bought the Rocky Road and had my first-ever bowl. Not my favorite ice cream - that's still reserved for Ben & Jerry's Phish Food - but I've decided Rocky Road definitely deserves a little more respect than I had been giving it!

So tell me, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream??

6 comments:

Mel D said...

This makes me think that *perhaps I should try rocky road. I didn't like chocolate growing up and I've never liked nuts in anything so I just never tried it. =)
I think my favorite is still peppermint candy. Possibly Fred Meyer's butterfinger brand though. I forget what they call it.

Marsaili said...

Haha, I avoided Rocky Road too! I used to hate nuts, now I love them. I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate ice cream though- my favorite is cookie's and cream or the founders favorite from Coldstone (with peanuts instead of pecans ... it's like a frozen snickers bar!)

Christine said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...WHAT?????

Hold the phone...did you just say its not bad?? um...WHAT? That is NOT my sister!

Yeah- its ok- and you never knew there were almonds in it?? lol

Anyway- what in the world has happened??

well, uh my favs are still mint chocolate chip, cookies n cream, cookie dough...(starting to see a pattern? lol) and the classic sherbert. :)

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

I don't like Rocky Road...not a fan of the almonds. My favorite is Mint Chocolate Chip. But I do love Tillamook Mud Slide and Utterly Chocolate! All so good!

Blair and Leslie said...

My favorite ice cream is rocky road. I agree with Sean, it does have everything in it that you would like.

Auntie M said...

Jenn-Jenn! I can't believe that you jumped from the wagon! Well, I still dislike Rocky Road. Probably Tillamook's Peanut Butter Chocolate(I know you love it too) and Neopolitan in general are my favorites. Yes, bland perhaps; but delectable!