Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"He's Such a Boy!"

I've always known that there are distinct differences between boys and girls, but seeing as I have only younger sisters, Ethan is the first boy I have lived with from day one. He is such a BOY!! Cars, trucks, "choo-choos" and balls are his favorite toys. And I'm already getting glimpses into what our grocery bill will look like once the teenage years hit. For a toddler, this kid eats a lot! Anyway... The other night, he proved that he was his father's son. As we were unlocking the front door to go into the house, Ethan noticed a daddy-long legs spider on the front porch. "Spider!" he said. First of all, I didn't even know he knew the word spider, so I was pretty impressed to hear another new word and see that he was able to identify it. Then, it true boy fashion, Ethan leaned down and picked the spider up!! That's right. My little boy is already picking up creepy-crawlies. Dang it! I'm not afraid of daddy-long leg spiders, but as a rule I hate spiders. Sean does most of the killing of them for me, though occasionally I have to pick up the slack when he's gone. I've also been known to trap them under a container in the bathroom and leave instructions on the door for Sean to dispose of it! Still, I could not believe that there was no hesitation on Ethan's part - he just bent over and picked up a spider like it was no big deal. Yikes!

2 comments:

Christine said...

oh man...what are we going to do! lol
Well...at least he can kill the spiders for you now! :P

Auntie M said...

That's my man! Good show Ethan!