So this was not the first snack our little mouse had indulged in. Last week I found a Boboli pizza crust that had a good chunk out of it - he'd been munchin' on that one for a couple of days. But after finding the cracker box chewed in to, I told Sean to pick up some traps. Note that both the pizza crust and the crackers were in the garage - not the house, thank goodness. To date, no mysterious mouse nibblings found inside the house.
We (and by we, I mean Sean) set the traps Tuesday evening.
We checked them before bed: nothing. Sean checked in the morning: nothing. I checked later that morning: nothing. I checked once Ethan and I got home that night: nothing... wait! One, two, three traps - where was the 4th one? And then I spotted it, on the garage floor was the 4th trap with our little mouse in it ("He's just sleeping, Ethan. Shh..."). I admit, I hate to use traps and kill it, but at the same time we can't afford to feed this mouse (mice??) and I especially don't want any around when we've got Ethan in the house. So it had to go. For now, the traps are still out and set in case our little mouse had any brothers or sisters who also enjoy munching on cheddar goldfish crackers or any other yummy snacks in our pantry.
We checked them before bed: nothing. Sean checked in the morning: nothing. I checked later that morning: nothing. I checked once Ethan and I got home that night: nothing... wait! One, two, three traps - where was the 4th one? And then I spotted it, on the garage floor was the 4th trap with our little mouse in it ("He's just sleeping, Ethan. Shh..."). I admit, I hate to use traps and kill it, but at the same time we can't afford to feed this mouse (mice??) and I especially don't want any around when we've got Ethan in the house. So it had to go. For now, the traps are still out and set in case our little mouse had any brothers or sisters who also enjoy munching on cheddar goldfish crackers or any other yummy snacks in our pantry.The only other mouse I want to see anytime soon is this one:
2 comments:
He's just sleeping, Ethan. That's so good!!! :) I hate to kill them too. Alas, I am a rodent lover. Last year we had mice in our house. I could hear them in the walls! At first I thought it was cute. Then I wondered if they could come through and then...they started to smell up the house! It was awful! Mouse pee I guess. Aaaggghh. We had to put our meeses to "sleep." The traps are still out there (our unfinished basement laundry room). I think with this cold weather that we might have to set them.
why didn't you post the other picture of the mouse?? lol
and why are you not leaving any comments on my page?? lol
Post a Comment