And working on a massive update with tons of pictures for your viewing pleasure!
So we left Fontana, CA just before 4pm on Saturday afternoon. Sean was (and still is) pretty sick - very flu-like symptoms including cough, 102 fever, nausea and vomiting. With Sean in the passenger seat (barf bag within easy reach) and Ethan snacking, napping or watching a movie on the portable DVD player, I drove the entire way home. We made a stop at Pea Soup Andersen's in Santa Nella - Ethan and I got a little dinner to go, stretched our legs and did a bathroom break. Then it was on to Redding - we stayed the night and in the morning I drove the final leg of our journey. We were very happy to cross the border back in to our home state!! No snow or ice on the way home - just a bit of rain (some snow mixed in) and one major patch of white fog. But we're home now, and I'm off to work while Sean stays home with Ethan to rest and get well.
Check back soon!!
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe you drove all the way! I couldn't have done that unless I had a really good nights sleep. I remember once when my dad and I were driving to Utah, I drove twenty minutes and had to switch back cause I was tired. Sometimes driving from Simi to our house is difficult for me to stay awake if we drive it in the evening.
Spencer and Todd are sick. Todd got sick on Sun. and I can't remember what day Spencer got sick. This whole week has kind of been a blur. I'm sure they got what Sean had.
Well, it was great seeing you. Can't wait to see you again.
Post a Comment