Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One Year Shy of THIRTY!

Happy Birthday, SEANY!!!
So last Thursday was Sean's 29th birthday... though if you were to talk to him you'd think he had already turned 30! Instead of enjoying the fact that he just barely turned 29, he is already focusing on next year's big 3-0. Too much negative energy if you ask me! Actually, he is much better now, most of his complaining came earlier in the year.

Anyway...

Sean's birthday did not have the best start - a 12:30am wake-up call from a 2 year-old having nightmares makes for a long night. Breakfast was a little better... piping hot cinnamon rolls courtesy of Mr. P. Doughboy. Yum! Of course, I had to work all day and then Sean had mutual (story of our lives) and I had a baby shower to go to. We did just a small celebration LATE that night to open presents: a web cam (that's right, we can officially skype now!) and new dress shirt from me and Ethan, along with a dozen long-stem roses (I know, kind of a girly present but he still liked them!) and then some new broadway musical piano books from Lynnie and his dad. Then, on Sunday we finally had birthday cake and sang to him! Homemade "Disappearing Chocolate Cake" w/ freshly-made chocolate icing as per Sean's request. I even put ALL 29 candles on his cake... Whew! Talk about generating some heat! Tory, Ethan and I were the only ones at this little "party" so Tory and I got to sing Happy Birthday as a duet! More celebration to come... my family was out of town and Sean got his b-day list to Lynnie pretty late in the game, so his birthday package is still on its way.

Some memories of birthdays past...
Golden Birthday (25 on the 25th): Went with me to the Portland, OR temple when I received my endowments (very special day). "Gave"/showed him his wedding-band-to-be (complete with engraving). Two weeks later we were married.
26th Birthday: Nobody knew yet, but we were talking a lot about trying to get pregnant... by August we were!
27th Birthday: Celebrated with a 2 1/2 month old newborn baby boy.
28th Birthday: Celebrated with all of my cousins in town. Again, with homemade chocolate cake. Guess he really likes it!

I'm going to save all my gushing over how wonderful Sean is for the Father's day post I still need to write! But, let me just say how much I love my Seany! He is an excellent husband and father... Happy birthday, sweetie!

5 comments:

Shalene said...

Happy Birthday Sean!!! We love to hear about the birthday parties and all the fun you had...

The Grahams said...

Happy Birthday Sean!! That cinnamon role looks so tasty! We LOVE skyping with both my family and the Grahams. It is really fun for the Grandparents especially to be able to see the boys live more often rather than just twice a year at holidays since they live so far away. Glad to hear Sean got to celebrate sometime since his b-day was pretty busy! Thats just the way it is the older you get and the more responsibilities you have.... don't you miss birthdays as a kid when you got special treatments all day without having to work??

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Seanie!! We shall have more celebrations this week...but don't try to take over my birthday reign! lol
Loves!

Auntie M said...

That was a lovely party.

Chad and Jessica said...

I would LOVE to go visit Amy with you. I just called the hospital and she is still there. Would you be able to go sometime today (Monday)? I left a message for you on your phone, but I couldn't tell if it was Sean's voice on the answering machine....eeek....so...maybe it was an old number. Let me know! I'll be checking my blog!