Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sometimes it pays to be a renter.

Like last week.
When we got our place painted.
No extra work for us.
No hiring a painter.
Just the pleasure of coming home to a much more polished outward appearance on our lovely duplex.

He started out the Friday before by pressure washing the whole house (being careful around the garden) and also the patio. That alone would have been awesome! The place looked so clean after he was done.
But he wasn't really done. He came back on Tuesday and prepped the house with primer and then taped up the trim, windows, etc. Then he came back the following day and painted all of the house, front door and garage door. He was back again on Thursday to do the trim and some detail work. Finally he was there one last time Saturday morning to paint the back door.
It looks good.
Painting was the one thing Sean and I were going to mention to the landlord that would need to be done soon, assuming it wasn't done yet whenever we were to move out. And now we get to enjoy it! Sweet.

2 comments:

Shalene said...

It is always nice to come home and see your house freshly painted and know that you did it. There is something just gratifying in that.

Karen K. said...

Yes, I suppose it's gratifying to come home and see something you did... but it's a lot EASIER to be the renter and sit back and relax. ;) (Hmmm, let's see: paint it myself or let someone else do it...) Ah heck, we'll end up doing it ourselves (well, Tim will end up doing it himself--what am I complaining about!?!) What color did they paint it? I always seem to turn on 67th or come home from church on 69th. Guess I'll have to gaze down the road on my way and hope for a glimpse!