Alright, I'm just going to address the big, pink elephant in the room head-on. I've noticed a severe drop in comments lately. Which is fine. I don't have one of those reader-tracker things, so I don't know if it's my actual viewership {yes, that's a word - in my mind at least} that's gone down lately or just enthusiasm to comment. Which I totally get. We're all busy and I already know that I am guilty of reading blogs, wanting to comment, having intentions to go back and comment and then never actually doing it. For example, my recap post has been up for almost a week, and still nothing - but I'm pretty sure someone besides Sean has read it! I guess what I really want to know is: Am I boring y'all to tears or what?! Too much talk, not enough pictures? Too many pictures, not enough talk? Un-comment-inspiring stories? All of the above? Or {hopefully} none of the above and it's really that we're just all so busy?! Anyway, if you'd like to see/read more or less of anything... Just let me know! And yes, that will require leaving a comment. Ha ha!!
PS: This does not, in any way, mean I will take your advice because, after-all, this is our family journal more than anything - but I am completely open to suggestions! :)
PPS: This really isn't meant to be a lack-of-comment-love pity party. If y'all are too busy, I am a-ok with no comments - I'm just hoping y'all are still reading. And no, I don't have a clue where my sudden desire to use "y'all" has come from - I just go with it! ;)
12 comments:
I have felt that blogging in general is slowly diminishing, as are the comments. I hear ya sister.
Just so you know I read EVERY post, but don't necessarily comment on them all...but I do pretty good, right?
It's that dang google reader...
I read! I'd get a tracker. Looking at my tracker always makes me feel better.
I always read...just a lazy commenter! Dad :-)
It is funny how attached you get to the comments other people leave, because I blog mostly for the journaling. At the same time I really like the comments. Keep it up girl we're reading.
We're reading too, but it's just been crazy busy here. Thanks for keeping up the posts! (You're so much better at updating your blog than we are.) I think LynMarie would do it more often if I weren't hogging the computer for work.
I read your blog. I just don't have much to say I guess. Plus I read it on the feed reader- so if I want to comment I have to actually go to the blog- so in general I don't unless I really want to comment ;) Sorry! Maybe you'd get more comments being private!? Then people have to actually go to your blog in order to read! HA! Although- in my case I got less comments when I went private.
I always read your posts. I love pictures the most. But I just don't feel I should comment unless I have something profound to say. I know how you feel though, I always hope people read my posts that I put time & effort into & comments are a good way to know people care. I do care, sorry I'm just not a commentor :)
I check your (and all the other family blogs) almost to the point of obsessively. I just hardly ever comment. And embrace the "y'all." I had to get over its new place in my vocabulary. After all, there isn't a very good you plural in English other than "you guys" which just sounds like I'm talking to five year olds or something.
I am with everyone else and Emily amen sister, it has just gotten WAY too busy.
I do read every post, I am just too lazy to comment! Sorry sis! I will try to be better!
I try. I think I left a couple of comments last week...
Sometimes when I see a lot of words on a post I will skip it to come back to it later just because I am rushed for time. Then sometimes 'later' never comes.
I read it. I love your posts.
I haven't been on for weeks & as you can probably tell I'm playing catch up! Love you though!
Post a Comment