Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We are SO not in Kansas {uh, Eugene} anymore!!

So we get the local paper just one day a week now - Sundays. Gotta have the funnies, the ads, some local news and during football season... the sports page! Now, this last Saturday the Oregon football team had their first Pac-10 game of the season vs. Arizona State sundevils. They came from behind for a 42-31 win, making them undefeated so far this season. GREAT news for a Ducks fan. Now, this being our first fall season outside of Oregon, I wasn't quite ready to have to SEARCH the paper for the story of the results!
Nothing on the front page of the paper.... Ok. No biggie. We are in WA state cougar country now.

Nothing on the front page of the Sports section... Say what?! Instead there is a picture and an article about Oregon State's loss to Boise State. Um... What about my Ducks?

Oh! Here they are! Page B7. No picture and just a teeny-tiny article. They're only ranked no. 4 in the Nation. Sigh.... I was missing The Register Guard's usual Sunday spread after a win. Front page of the main section. Front page of the sports section and several accompanying articles analyzing it all to death! Yeah, we are SO not in Eugene anymore.

4 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. It was a real shock for us here in Medford when we realized the rest of the valley was not dying to read about my Ducks after a big win! Agh!

Kirsten & Midge said...

Do you feel like a duck out of water. Hee Hee. I felt like you when we moved to Corvallis!

Shalene said...

I don't know what they are thinking!!! Not putting the ducks on the front of the sports page. At least a picture!!
We are happy they air the games on the Duck website. We had to pay for it but it keeps my hunny happy :)

Christine said...

I miss reading about my Ducks too....for some reason they keep putting in BYU. hahaha