Friday, October 29, 2010

Puddle Jumpin' and Comfort Food

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that, living in Washington, we get our fair share {ha! That's an understatement!} of rain. Add to that a little boy who longs to jump in the puddles every {single stinkin'} time we set foot out the door and you have the makings for some serious puddle jumping once I gave the okay. We got his boots on, zipped up his raincoat and let him have at it. Meanwhile, I grabbed the camera and popped the trunk of the Explorer to give me some shelter from the rain as I snapped these shots...

Getting ready....

Here's the jump...

And the splashdown!!

I also snagged this video of our little "water monster".


And I love this shot of some serious puddle stomping. :)
Then, after Ethan took a shower to warm up, he and Sean made a Costco run while I made spaghetti for dinner. My first attempt at homemade sauce and it was YUMMY!! Lots of fresh veggies, though the tomatoes came from a can, and some lean ground beef all simmered together on low heat. We had that and some crusty artisan bread {from said Costco run} that I split lengthwise and spread with a little {homemade} garlic butter and toasted up. Comfort food at its finest. We had nice full bellies and even Ethan gobbled it up! Though, I did have to pick the parsley flakes off his bread because he "didn't want grass" on his bread!! Ha ha!! Love that kid! After dinner dishes were cleared, we carved our pumpkins {pictures to come} because Ethan had been begging to "poke our pumpkins". I love this time of year.

4 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

Ahh, puddle jumping! You are such a good mama for letting him do it! I'm a rather lame mom and tend to say No too much...maybe next time it's coming down good I'll say yes! :)

Christine said...

That looks like fun!! I love the video!
Comfort food...yummmmmmm

Karen K. said...

Good for you for letting him puddle jump! I might just have to go do that sometime (maybe I'll wear Tim's waders!) Your spaghetti sauce looks yummy. I have a great recipe for sauce but Schilling quit making one of the spices that goes into it. Blast!

Shalene said...

Oh puddle jumping!! One of my favorite things!! That was a huge puddle too!! :)