* Date-night-movie-of-the-month: Non-existent again! I do not like these numbers. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that we wanted to see. There were a handful of movies that looked interesting, but nothing we wanted to pay "full price" for and nothing good at the "cheap theater". So we spent our money on a nice lunch at Stanford's after a trip to the Temple.
* Sean the piano man. He started with his first student the second week of September and now has three students on his roster with four more potential students. Of course, this makes for a long Wednesday since he has a full work day, all 3 lessons and then mutual at 7pm. It's also the one day a week that I put in a little extra effort to make sure dinner's ready between 6 and 6:15pm so he gets something to eat before running off to the next thing!
* A couple of last trips to the lake. Of course, this is one of the things I haven't blogged about {and I have so many good pictures!!} so this is the first time you are hearing about it, but.... we spent much of August at the lake and LOVED it!! The pictures here are from one of the days we {the parents} decided it was too cold to swim. The little ones thought otherwise and decided to prove us wrong. Especially little Maddy!!
* My sister Christine came for a visit! Ethan and I picked her up from the airport and then treated her to Yo-Cream frozen yogurt {11am isn't too early for frozen yogurt... right?}.
My parents came all the way up to pick her up from our house, but while we were waiting we hung out and I got started on a monster batch of chocolate zucchini bread before realizing I didn't have enough cocoa powder! So a trip to Freddies was necessary and, according to Ethan, we were "lucky" enough to get a car cart. Yay {said with no enthusiasm}.
Well, Ethan loved it, but that thing was a beast to turn. I hope we are not so lucky on future trips. Once my parents got here, we went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. Seriously, I love that place, but Sean's not nearly as in love with it so it was good that he had to work!
We didn't really get to see her much after that since she was down in Oregon and {other than Ethan and I's usual trip down for work} we were up in Washington, but it was still good to see my sissy and Ethan liked seeing his auntie. 
* Monday morning with Maddy: I think it's safe to say that Maddy is one of Ethan's best friends. They get along great most of the time, and when they don't, they seriously fight just like brother and sister! We love having Maddy over. On this particular day they did a variety of activities...
Watercolor painting. This kept them occupied for almost a full hour!* Stake conference: Normally, this isn't something I would think to blog about, but it was the first time I had done everything associated with stake conference. The stake temple day, adult session on Saturday night and then the general session on Sunday morning. We went with a big group to the temple and worked on initiatories for family names for a friend. It was a really neat experience to be a part of her family's work.
* Random Ethan pictures:
I was shocked when he said he wanted a bubble bath. Of course, I don't take bubble baths, so I improvised and just used dish soap!
* Random Ethan pictures:
* Events already covered or still to come:
- Labor day backyard camp-out with the Colemans {this is in the works...}
- Last week of work
- Labor day backyard camp-out with the Colemans {this is in the works...}
- Last week of work
3 comments:
I was blogged about!! :) It was a fun trip. I enjoyed spending time with you and Ethan! I haven't seen Sean since before I moved out here though....ho hum. :(
I LOVE the potty training picture and the asleep on the chair! Sheesh! I wish I could do that...not. haha
Ethan looks so happy in his car cart! I always got to chuckle when I see one of those go by -
Parents usually aren't quite so
thrilled pushing that monster around.
Dad
Cute pics--especially the bath and potty training. Dish soap actually makes better bubbles than bubble bath so ya did good!
Post a Comment