Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Harry Potter Re-Read: Home Stretch

Alright, the month is almost up and the final Harry Potter movie is due out in just a couple weeks AND I've made good progress on my Harry Potter re-read. Seriously, have watched very little TV the past month. It's been nice. Pretty much all my free time {you know, when I'm not being a mom and wife and cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, running errands, etc, etc.} has been spent with my nose in a book. I finished book 5 (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) and will pick up book 6 today at the library. It's already been killing me to not have it in my hot little hand because I finished book 5 yesterday afternoon and while dinner was baking in the oven {spinach-chicken stromboli from Our Best Bites - yum! I'd share the link, but I think the recipe is only in their cookbook} I had the urge to sit down and read for a few minutes and no book!! And last night I would have read for a little while before bed, but again, NO BOOK! So I'm going to pick it up today. I figure a week each for the last two books and I'll have met my goal. I am so excited to read these last two because (as I suspected) there was a LOT from book 5 I didn't remember. My hatred for Umbridge was as strong as ever, but there was lots of little bits I had forgotten and I'm guessing book 6 will be much of the same. Plus, there were parts in book 6 I remember not fully understanding the first time through, so hopefully I'll get some clarity on the re-read. And then. Then, I will FINALLY read book 7. Wahoo!!!

So, sorry if I've been a little M.I.A. but blogging has taken a serious back-burner to reading and family time while we try to enjoy the scattered days of sunshine. Plus, Sean's off work right now until his summer job starts up, so it's been fun to have him home.

No comments: