It started as a fairly uneventful Memorial day at our house. Sean had the day off and we were taking it easy. I was on Facebook and noticed our friend had posted they were going on a hike - but meeting in about 1/2 hour! We weren't ready to go by any means, but decided to rush to get dressed and get a lunch packed and called up our friends to let them know we wanted to come but would be just a couple minutes late. I am so glad we went!! We had 3 full families and a couple kids from another family in the ward. 10 kids (ages 4-12) vs 6 adults - yeah, I think we could've taken them if needs be!
The hike was at Moulton Falls (about 25 minutes or so northeast of us, I think) and NOT to be confused with Multnomah Falls just south of us, in Oregon.
It was beautiful and more of a nature walk than a hike - just how I like. I prefer to actually enjoy the scenery and nature, rather than cursing it as I huff and puff up a steep incline. We stopped for lunch and some of the boys decided to have a "boys only" table which Ethan promptly joined. Poor kid, normally I wouldn't really condone something like that, but the majority of kids in our ward Ethan's age are girls. It didn't last long anyway, Jenn went over and gave them all kissy-faces!!
Amazing how good a PB&J picnic lunch is when you're in the woods and surrounded by friends. After that we just stuck to the trail and made our way to the bridge - making sure to grab a few large rocks along the way to hurl off it when we got to the top.
Miss Maddy is the Colemans' youngest and one of Ethan's best buds.
Most of the group lined up on the bridge.
The two girls in the bottom left picture are Miss Maddy again (right) and Miss Sarah (left) in matching pigtails. They are BFFs and I envision there may be some arguments over Ethan in their teenage years!!
The Jenns. :)
And now, let me introduce you to the families...
Eric and Jenn Dahl
With their adorable family
Brian and Vicki Coleman
With their adorable family

And, of course, our adorable little family.
Eric and Jenn Dahl
With their adorable family
Brian and Vicki Coleman
With their adorable family
And, of course, our adorable little family.
Let me preface the next photo by saying that Brian would fit in perfectly with Sean and his brothers - very similar sense of humor and not afraid to be a little gross. With that in mind, I'm giving you fair warning that you can stop reading and looking right now....
Last chance....
Last chance....
Yeah, I knew you were all dying to see how bad it was! Freaking hilarious, but a little gross too! Only these guys would think to use the huge horse droppings on the bridge as natural props for a funny photo. {{Sigh...}} I can't help but laugh every time I see it, though!!Our last stop was by the water where the kids did their best to not fall in, but got as close as possible! Well, Ethan went in all the way to his armpits and wasn't too happy about it.
It was time to go home anyway.[All pictures lovingly borrowed from Jenn Dahl and Vicki Coleman - thanks guys!]
No comments:
Post a Comment