And so it begins...
In the past couple years I have started reading again. Not a ton. But much better than the 2+ year hiatus I had.
I have read the Twilight series.
And the Hunger Games series.
And am waiting for my copy of Extras to be available at the library so I can finish the Uglies series. (Got an email this morning - it's finally there!)
And now I am doing a re-read of the Harry Potter series. I never read book 7 because by then I had forgotten so much that happened in books 5 and 6 that I couldn't stand to start it with so many holes in my memory of the story.
I started with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone yesterday. I am over half-way through it and could possibly finish it tonight. I already have book 2 borrowed from the library (we only have books 4, 5 and 7). I figure the first 3 books should be fairly quick reads.
My goal is to finish all 7 books by the time the second half of the last movie is in theaters. Oh, and I'm going to watch each movie as I finish the book - except we only have movies 1, 2, 4 and 5.
It's release date is July 15th. That is a lot of reading. Good thing summer is just around the corner and Ethan and I can spend our days outside. Ethan playing in the water and sandbox and me soaking up some vitamin D and reading!! :)
*UPDATES*
6/1/11: Started Harry Potter book 1
6/2/11: Finished Harry Potter book 1
6/5/11: Finished Harry Potter book 2 and barely started book 3
6/9/11: Finished Harry Potter book 3 and started book 4
6/20/11: Finished Harry Potter book 4 (took a little longer than I expected, but we were busy!)
6/27/11: Finished Harry Potter book 5
6/28/11: Started Harry Potter book 6
7/2/11: Finished Harry Potter book 6
7/9/11: Finished Harry Potter book 7
No comments:
Post a Comment