Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today: Counter Cleaning and Swash-Buckling

I know... it's been a week since I last posted. And that was just a recipe. And I'm sure y'all are wanting to read something new. And let me reassure you, our latest adventures are all in the works - complete with pictures! I am especially looking forward to our Seattle post because those pictures are all from our NEW camera!! But for now, here's a look at what we did today...

This past weekend, while Sean and I were in Seattle, my family took on the Ethan-ator for a few days and I ended up having most of Monday to myself. We weren't able to leave the house as clean as we normally would when we left for Seattle, so Monday was spent cleaning and tidying up which meant the house was still in good shape this morning, so... I decided to tackle something on my organizing to-do list (which is about 100 different things) - the 40" x 26" of kitchen counter space that is our "desk". There was several weeks worth of junk mail that needed to be shredded, a shoebox full of odds and ends that didn't belong there and 6 months worth of receipts to be separated by month. I also decided to clean out and organize the 3 drawers in the small chest of drawers. This was my project mid-way through. Don't you hate that it always seems to truly organize something it has to get much worse before it gets better?!

And meanwhile, Ethan kept himself busy playing pirate! :)

1 comment:

Greg and Julie said...

...and you know what your ole dad would say..."organzied cutter is still clutter" and wow you elimated all that clutter! Something uniquely satisfying about decluttering! Looks great!

Dad