The first event I never really covered was either Sean or I's birthdays... We really did celebrate them, I promise! I'll start with mine, then Sean's, then the combined Birthday BBQ we had.
My Birthday
When: May 24th [2010]
Age I turned: 20-something... all right, all right. I turned 28.
I started the morning off with one of my favorite breakfasts: scrambled eggs, wheat toast with peach jam and a fruit smoothie. Of course, it was just me and Ethan at home so I had to make it myself. Oh, well. It was still good!
And about 2 seconds later a friend from our ward drove up with a fancy-schmancy cupcake [the one with the orange frosting flower in the picture]! Sean also got me a movie I've been wanting, my absolute favorite treat from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory [a caramel apple with dark, milk and white chocolate drizzled all over!!] and he reserved a copy of Mockingjay [final part of the Hunger Games series - August 24th release date]!! I was still pretty sick that day (nasty, nasty cough) so we stayed in for dinner - Sean went and got Five Guys for us. Yum! Then, I met up with a group of women from the ward at Yo-Cream. Other than being sick, it was a good day!Next week, when I was feeling better, we all went out to Red Robin to use my free burger coupon. :)
Sean's Birthday
When: June 25th
Age he turned: the BIG 3-0!! ;)
{Please don't laugh at the pictures or decorations - I swear there was more, but apparently I was lame and did not take pictures of them!} Once Ethan was in bed, we started watching Avatar [Sean's choice, see my review here] and decided it was too late to open presents. Well, we all know how that turned out! [And it case you don't, Ethan got up the next morning and opened all of Sean's presents... I blogged about it here.] Anyway, this is what Ethan and I got him. A much, much needed new wallet [he got his old one on our honeymoon and it was totally falling apart], new shirts and pants, a Sherlock Holmes book and Monty Python movie.
Oh, and we did the same thing for Sean's birthday... used his free birthday burger coupon from Red Robin about a week later, but then also went out to Yo-Cream.Combined Birthday BBQ
When: June 19th
Normally we do a Memorial Day weekend/Jenn's birthday BBQ but since all it did was RAIN in May, we postponed the BBQ and decided to make it a combined celebration of both Sean and I's birthdays. Of course, basically this just meant getting an awesome cake!
Naturally, the only pictures I could get were the backs of heads as the kids played! It was still pretty chilly that day, but at least it stayed dry!Despite all the illness, overall we both had great birthdays... last year!
No comments:
Post a Comment