Thursday, January 29, 2009

January Recap

Here it is. Our oh-so-not-exciting January recap. Most of the entire month's events summed up in just one post. Yeah. It's been a relatively non-eventful month. Here are the highlights.

* Holiday Bowl Game - University of Oregon Ducks vs. Oklahoma St. Cowboys: 12/30/08





Ethan and I went over to Grandma Mary's to watch the game, deliver Christmas presents and catch-up with grandma.













Ethan had fun sitting at the 'big people' table and playing with all of great-grandma's toy cars and trucks while we watched the football game and attempted to play Typo. Kay, Grandpa Ken, Gary, Mom and Elisabeth were also there. And the best part? The Ducks won 42 to 31!! Wahoo!! Go Ducks!










* Evening with Tory: 12/30/08














When we got home from grandma Mary's we found that "uncle" Tory was already there visiting with Sean. We stayed up late and chatted for quite a while since we don't get to see Tory very often now that he's all grown-up and away at BYU. We miss his Sunday afternoon visits!!

* New Year's Eve with the "Tofties": 12/31/08
This was pretty much the most uneventful New Years ever. We went to my parents' house to have dinner, play on their new Nintendo Wii and watch the ball drop. Ethan slept most of the time and we were out the door by about 12:10am ready to be home and in bed! Sean was still pretty sick.

* Portland visit: 1/3/09
Elisabeth, Ethan and I drove up to visit John, Stephanie and the boys.











I got to hold and cuddle with this cutie (Baron Graham - this was the little guy I was supposed to visit in December and then was too sick to go!)....












...while Ethan got to play with this little guy - cousin Jackson (technically 2nd cousins, but who's counting?). Elisabeth was a good sport about keeping Jackson and Ethan entertained while I held the baby and chatted with John and Stephanie. It was so great to see all of them!

And then we all (Elisabeth, Ethan, me, John, Stephanie, Jackson and Baron) met up with a good friend of mine from high school, Katie, and her husband, Charlie for dinner at:









* Katie Blair gets engaged: 1/4/09









A very good friend of Sean and I. She would've been a bridesmaid in our wedding except that she is a real-life example of the movie 27 Dresses - I think her count is only at 7 or 8, though. I told her I loved her too much to make her do the bridesmaid routine again. She's doing me the same favor. :)

* Ethan's Papa (Loren) goes into the hospital (again-3rd time) with pancreatitis. Finally has surgery to remove gallbladder (and hopefully fix the problem for good): 1/6/09

* Matt (Christine's boyfriend - I think it's official now :) visits: 1/9/09-1/13/09















Don't they look cute together?!

We went out to Red Robin Friday night for dinner, along with grandma Sandy and grandpa Chuck. Then, on Sunday, we had dinner at my parents' house and played a mean game of Ticket to Ride.













Very intense (not really)!















See the stress of the game getting to Christine?














Aww... I really like this picture of the two of them. And I forget who won. Elisabeth had to get to bed.
* Sean & I get a date night to go see "Eagle Eye": 1/17/09












Pretty good movie. Not what we expected, but it kept us on the edge of our seats most of the time. Good ending.

* Seven friends announce their pregnancy, bringing the current count of prego friends to 17. This doesn't include the five who gave birth in the past six to eight weeks! And no, I am not on the current list. (Squash that rumor before it starts.)

* Costco date night: 1/23/09
This was actually a "date night" between me, Elisabeth and Ethan!! Friday night we went to Costco so Sean and I could get a membership and reap the rewards that are Costco! Sean was at a YM camp-out on the coast. We spent most of the time just sorta wandering around and trying to get a feel for what items we might start regularly purchasing there. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the prices there to see if I'm really getting a good deal. One of the downsides to buying in bulk.














Ethan was a good helper, pushing the cart and grunting at how "heaby" it was. "Heaby" is Ethan talk for heavy, in case you were wondering.
In the end, we just got some juice, marinated tri-tip (yum!) and some of my favorite wheat bread! I get really excited about this bread. It makes good toast. Loren and Lynnie always have it on hand when we visit (Lynnie understands my passion for this bread!) and I hadn't been able to find it up here. I bought some at Wal-Mart - same brand and everything. It was not the same. Costco has the right stuff, though!


I think that pretty much sums it up! It looks like a lot more, now that it's all listed out, but remember, this is for the whole month. On to February!!

10 comments:

Sean and Steph said...

OMG 17 pregnant friends!!!! That's insane!!!! You'll have so many cute babies to visit!

I HEART Sweet Tomatoes!!

Christi said...

I am tired just from reading that. It looks like you had good times though :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... Costco. I miss it. I loved their hot dog lunch special, $1.50 for a polish dog and soda!

The Grahams said...

Thanks again for coming up to visit and really what you were there for, to hold the baby :). You guys are welcome at our place anytime! Isn't costco the best? It is dangerous though because you really could spend a lot there. Our main buys there are diapers and wipes and TP because you really can't get a better deal. I love the picture of Ethan pushing the "heaby" cart... too cute. I love their own little version of words. I can't believe how many pregnant friends you've had lately! Crazy. Can't wait to see you guys Sunday!

Megan and Greg said...

Ok that top pic is SOOOO CUTE! He looks SO excited to be at Disneyland!!! I would be too. I'm glad you posted that Katie's engaged! I would've never known, otherwise! DO you really know 17 people who are pregnant? That would get me SO depressed. Good thing I live here and know NO ONE who is pregnant. It's like pregnant-fever over there! Greg and I felt the same way about Eagle Eye. Oh yes, and Costco. The best place on Earth. But the prices add up FAST!!! We're so used to getting a million things for $50 at Winco and then 3 things at Costco and it costs more. It's always a shock. but Costco is the best. I always get stuck looking at the books.

Emily said...

Doesn't sound uneventful to me! Trip to grandmas, seeing a new baby...all fun stuff!

Okay, and if you see Katie Blair tell her congrats and giver her a hug for me because I'm so excited for her. Over Christmas break my parents and I were talking about how someone needed to snatch her up because she's so awesome! I just love her.

We really liked Eagle Eye...it was intense!

Christine said...

Nice....Very nice....I especially like the picture of my hair. LOL
I still haven't seen Baron and I am jealous that you have and will get to see him again! And the pregnant list is up to 17 now?? Sheesh!
(And there....I wrote something different!)

Matt and Christy said...

Katie Blair engaged? To whom? I am so excited for her. Tell her congrats. I've lost contact with her, but I'll need to track her down to congratulate.

Auntie M said...

I miss the visits too Jenn-Jenn! And I love that picture of Ethan and me.

Matt and Christy said...

Hey- I saw Josh and Amy Fine's blog listed on yours. Could you give me their e-mail address? Amy and I used to be roommates, and it would be great to get back in touch with her. Thanks, Jenn! By the way- I know what you are talking about with all of the pregnant friends. There must be something in the water!