Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sparkly Vampires and Friendly Werewolves

Alright.

Fine.

Sign me up.

I am officially a member of the Twilight fan club.

Friday night I stayed up until after 3am to finish Eclipse. I was about 220 pages from the end when I started reading that night sometime after 11:30pm and couldn't put it down. I knew I wasn't going to have another opportunity anytime soon to stay up into all hours of the night and just read to my heart's content. So I took advantage of not having to work in the morning and sacrificed some sleep to finish it up. The next morning, at breakfast, I decided to get started on Breaking Dawn and was hooked on that one by page 2! I just wish I had the time to sit and read all day. But alas, there are certain responsibilities that I can't let slide. Like going to work and taking care of Ethan. Apparently you can't call in sick for staying up too late to read - no matter how good the book is. Dang it!
So here I am, 400+ pages into Breaking Dawn and less than 350 pages to go! Tonight I've got to make dinner, get to the gym (I skipped out yesterday to read some more!) and make sure Ethan gets a bath. Other than that, you can bet I'll be reading as much as I can as long as I can force my eyelids to remain open!

Also, I've got to give props to Stephenie Meyer for writing a series that has gotten me interested in reading again! I used to read a lot, but have put one of my favorite hobbies on the back burner since I've been married and especially once Ethan came along. Dishes, laundry and paying bills normally trumped sitting down with a good book (though I did read all but the last Harry Potter book), so it's been nice to read again. :)

6 comments:

Sean and Steph said...

I flippin loved the books! They definitely got me interested in reading again, which may be sad since they're "young adult" books, but who cares? They're awesome, and I'm not afraid to say it!

Shalene said...

I really enjoyed the books also!! I got the chance just before I had summer and was not working so I was able to read, read, read. :) I am excited to hear what you think of the ending!

Karen K. said...

I'm reading Breaking Dawn for the second time right now. I'm reading it more carefully this time cuz the first time I was just so anxious to see what was going to happen! We had a very controversial discussion in a special bookclub meeting over this book. People either love it or love to hate it I've found. I really liked it. I always like an easy read. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad the series is over. I'm hoping she'll make at least one more, why, I won't tell you because it'd spoil the ending of Breaking Dawn. I really do think Stephanie Meyer is a genius! She has so many readers who aren't the normal teen girl she probably thought would read her book and she did it all with out all the curseing and sexual content most books have now days and managed to sneak in good morals (into a vampire book even!). Props to her! And I can't believe you haven't read the last HP book! How have you gotten away with that?

Emily said...

I can't wait to see what you think about it!

Emily D said...

To conquer the gym and reading at the same time, I would take my twilight books to the gym with me!!! Yes, I too was addicted and they took over my life for a few days. Anyway, I would just go on the elliptical and read at the same time! Elliptically wasn't so bad when I had Edward to entertain me!