Saturday, February 21, 2009

Was having a rough day...

...and came home to this:
Today I was just having a really rough time. It was a busy week at work and then today Sean and I both had church youth basketball games to be at. Sean went to the young men's game in the morning (while Ethan was very much awake) and in the afternoon I am in charge of the stake young women's basketball (while Ethan naps - Sean lucked out on that one). Ethan was just being a little pain this morning, getting into all sorts of things he wasn't supposed to get into and making it difficult to enjoy our Saturday off together! So after I was done with the YW basketball game, I (somewhat reluctantly) headed to gym, hoping it would burn off some steam. Meanwhile... after Ethan woke up from his nap, he and Sean went and picked up some fresh flowers, goodies and a very sweet card (which brought me to tears) and had them waiting for me on the table when I got home. Also waiting for me was a sweet, little boy hug (complete with grimy hands) and a loving, comforting hug from husband. I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

2 comments:

Shalene said...

it's so nice when you are having a rough day!! your husbad notices and does something to make it better!!! what a good husband!!

elowe said...

Very sweet!! It' those little things that mean so much:)