Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Blog Feature

Well, technically, it's not a brand-new feature. Some of you may have noticed it a while ago. It's been a part of our blog for almost 5 weeks... it was just sorta hiding out near the bottom of the page! So what am I talking about??

This:

Last Workout







Monday 2/23: Cardio (Treadmill + Rowing) + Lifting (Abs)

That's right. I am posting my last workout on our blog for everyone to see. Oh-so-daring, I know. My goal is for you to see the date change on this feature at least 3 times a week, but preferably 4 or 5. Last week was my first 5-day week and it felt great! I even did two days of just legs. Yeah... it hurt... a lot. And to answer some questions I've already been asked (or may be asked later):
* I work out at Gold's Gym. Love it. Delta location is best, though.
* I have NO IDEA how much I've lost. At this point, I haven't weighed myself or done measurements, etc. (though I'm sure my friend Liv is dying to!). I'll let you know when I need to buy smaller jeans.
* I prefer kickboxing to treadmills, but I'll take what I can get schedule-wise since I'm going later in the evening.
* 90% of the time I lift HEAVY. I am not a low-weight, high-rep kinda girl unless I'm taking a class. In other words? You won't see me doing bicep curls with those little 3lb. dumbbells.
* I have done this all before. In college I discovered my love for kick-boxing... which led me to one of my best friends, Livia... which led me to Gold's Gym... which led me to group exercise classes like Group Kick, Step, Ride, Power and Centergy (I heart exercise classes)... which ultimately led me to training for a while with Liv to learn proper form and technique when lifting weights. And let me tell you, 'trainer Liv' is like a frickin' Nazi. She would fit right in with Jillian and Bob on the Biggest Loser. Ok... maybe she's not quite that bad, but she does know how to kick your butt! And when you're lifting with her the words "can't", "don't", "tired", "this sucks", etc. are not in her vocabulary. Anyway... I kept the weight off for a long time... and then I got pregnant.

And finally, here are some of my goals:
1. Increase my strength, endurance and overall awesomeness when it comes to working out!
2. Decrease the size of my hips, etc.
3. Fit into my very cute pre-Ethan wardrobe.
4. Not have the engagement part of my wedding ring set re-sized.
5. Be in awesome pre-baby shape for whenever it's time for the next little one to come along.

Ok. I think that's it. Feel free to kick my booty if you notice it's been more than 2 days since the last date of my work-out (not necessarily including weekends - I don't workout on Sundays so I try to go in on Saturdays).

9 comments:

Sean and Steph said...

This is awesome, I am so proud of you!!! It is SO hard to stay dedicated to a workout routine when we lead busy busy lives! I'm in awe that you made it 5 days last week! If I have a week where I work out for 5 days, I'll be stoked!!

Can't wait to hear how things go!

Christine said...

Its funny how different we are in weight lifting...I like lifting light and more reps. The whole push to the max thing sucks. (And I am a "fitness professional") lol
I want to be Livia's little proteges-cause she's amazing! Katelin and I are going to her Yogilaties class again tomorrow.
You should let me lead you in a body sculpting session some time....once I get more used to it! :) love ya and good luck!

Christine said...

oh and by the way...I like the new background!

Emily said...

Those are awesome goals...you go girl! I can't lift more than 30 lbs I'm sure. I'm the biggest wimp ever. Kickboxing is SUPER fun, but I have only been once.

Good luck!

Chad and Jessica said...

What a great idea! You have major guts for posting your workouts too....I'm so staying on top of your workouts....no 3 days off in a row! tehe.

Livia rocks! I wish there was a Gold's Gym in Thurston! And weights are my least fave, so I basically never do them, and I know they're SOOO important...but I just like the fun stuff....I need a little more discipline. Yeeeks.

Go get 'em!

Jenn said...

You rock! I'll do my best to stay on top of your count :) I need to do that too! I'm so inspired by you! Keep up the great work!

Shalene said...

that is awsome! !! good for you!!! exercise is important no matter the motivations!!! we are trying to exercise as well.... and we havn't gotten the 5 days a week down yet but you are definitely on the right track....hope to hear more :)

Brandi Clark said...

So I was 3 days late with Anthony #1, and two weeks early with Zachary #2. That makes it fun, doesn't it?

Karen K. said...

I hate to exercise. I just don't understand Jessica's "the fun stuff" comment. ;) What fun stuff??? And, as I write this I'm eating a piece of licorice and before that I had to unbutton my jeans. Sheesh. Maybe you should be watching MY workouts! I have not been on my treadmill for a week because the dog in pain has been keeping me up nights. So, starting tomorrow morning I need to get up again and get on with it. I will use you as my inspiration! (another bite of licorice), and will start lifting weights (little dumbbells) again. I have to use really light weights cuz I get tennis elbow really bad whenever I start using anything heavier. So it's lots of reps and with itty bitty weights. Excuse me, the licorice is gone. I think I'll go and unzip now--the top button isn't enough... :) :) :) :) (Oh, and to answer your question--a long time ago--about Weight Watchers: Yes, I go. I reached my goal a year or so back and now I'm making myself go to meetings just to try to stay within the goal range. I've gained about 8-10 lbs back. grrrrrrrr).