Monday, April 28, 2008

My baby's sick

Poor li'l guy! Yesterday Ethan was really cranky - not eating well, clingy, etc. He also had some diarrhea. His normal routine is always so thrown off on Sundays with church that it was hard to tell if he was just tired because he didn't get a full morning nap (most Sundays he doesn't even get a morning nap, so the fact that he got a good hour in was surprising) or if he wasn't feeling well. By yesterday evening, though, it was becoming more apparent. He was really picking at his food and growing more and more crabby. After a bath and a bottle, which he hardly touched, we put him to bed for the night. This morning I was afraid he may have a big, messy diaper. I was right. I stood just outside his door and could smell the foul odor of a really messy diaper and when I walked in I found Ethan just lying there on his tummy. He barely even looked up to acknowledge me. Well, I picked him up and found that he had completely leaked through and the front of his jammies were pretty wet. I got him changed and completely scrubbed down and we headed over to my mom's house. He was very quiet the whole ride over (not like him at all) and when I handed him over to my mom and explained his symptoms and what had been going on, he just put his head down on her shoulder and remained quiet - even more unlike him. That was when I knew he was even more sick than I thought. My baby is usually squirming to get down the second we're at grandma's house - always ready to play or 'wrestle'. So my mom said they'd just take it easy and make sure he was getting enough fluids. We'll see how he's doing by the end of the day, otherwise we'll probably be at the doctor tomorrow. It's so sad because we had such a good day on Saturday. It was great weather, so we had our first real trip to the park (I'll post pics soon) and overall a relaxing family day - just the three of us. Poor baby... :(

2 comments:

Christine said...

:( poor kid...I feel bad for him.

Emily said...

Isn't it so sad when they're sick? I kinda like the snuggling though. I hope he feels better soon!