Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Still Sick...
Ethan is STILL SICK. Poor baby! I hate to see him so miserable. I took him into the doctor yesterday afternoon - unfortunately his usual pediatrician was not in. We still met with a good doctor, but Dr. Hemsley already knows Ethan so well, that I always prefer if he can meet with him. We got good and bad news. The good news was that he wasn't dehydrated. Apparently there's some sort of virus going around. The doctor said she'd already seen several kids with the same symptoms and some of them had had it since Friday or Saturday. It's lasting about 5 days to a week, so Ethan's still got until Thursday or Friday before we should expect much of a change. The other bad news was that he's already lost about half of a pound. On his tiny frame, it shows. He was at 19lbs. on his birthday 3 weeks ago, yesterday he was down to 18lbs. 9 or 12 oz. - I don't remember. He's so weak - no energy at all. When I went in his room this morning, I found that he had thrown up a little - it was all over the front of his jammies. I gave him a quick bath and he just sat in the tub. Bath-time is usually one of his favorite things - it killed me to watch him just sit there while I scrubbed his hair and washed him down. The poor little guy just lies on the floor with his blankie - if you happen to move out of sight, he gets up and crawls just far enough so that he can see you and then lays back down. It's just SO SAD! I want my baby to feel better!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
poor little guy! That is really sad :(. I hate it when they get sick like that so young cuz you can't really explain to them why they feel so bad and there's not much you can do medicine wise. I remember Jackson lying on the kitchen floor with his blanky when he had the flu- we definitely knew something wasn't right cuz he wasn't running around being all crazy. I hope Eathan feels better soon!
p.s. what's your e-mail address? there's something i want to send you
I hope that Ethan gets to feeling better. Sick kids are no fun!!!
Ah that breaks my heart about Ethan ! I hope he feels better soon. I hate to hear he isn't feeling good! I love you !
I'm sure it breaks your heart to see Ethan feeling so sick. I know I felt so bad for Spencer when he was sick and that was only a bad cold. Hang in there, little guy!
Aha! I found you. :) Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've added you to my friends and family now--hope that's ok.
I'm so sorry to hear about Ethan. I don't think there's anything much sadder than a sick baby/ child. It's just heart wrenching. And you're right, the cuddling is nice but it would be better if they'd just do it when they feel good! I hope he's better now.
thats so sad. Poor little guy. I hate it when my kids are sick. you feel so helpless. :( Hope he gets feeling better soon. and I am so glad that you found my blog! :) I love finding friends in the blogging world. :)
Aw, poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better soon! :(
Post a Comment