Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

Well, I did it. I braved the early hour and the big crowds to do some Black Friday Christmas shopping. Christine, Elisabeth and I decided that we didn't need to do the insanely early get in line at 4am thing - so we got up at a slightly more reasonable 6:30am and met up at Target by about 7am. I scored a dual-screen travel DVD player for 1/2 off for Sean and I - something we were hoping to get before our long drive down to Cali next month - along with a few DVDs to add to our collection. However, after some debate and research, Sean and I decided to take the DVD player back - it didn't quite have all of the features we were looking for. Christine had to get to work, so Elisabeth and I headed to Shopko where they had advertised a Fisher-Price car garage toy that I have wanted to get for Ethan. Toys'R'Us has it for $37, but Shopko had a $9.99 deal. Too bad it was sold out before we got there - darn it! Their regular price is only $19.99, so I think I'll have to check back sometime before Christmas. So after we were unsuccessful with any great deals at both Shopko and Toys'R'Us, Elisabeth and I headed back to our house to take naps, eat lunch and watch one of the new DVDs. After lots of lounging around, we bundled back up - including Ethan this time - and head over to Valley River while Sean went to get his hair cut. Elisabeth found an AWESOME deal. A pair of bermuda shorts and a cute top for under $5! I got a couple more Christmas presents bought and then we headed back home - very satisfied with our purchases.

Here are the Toftdahl girls displaying some 'highly fashionable' sunglasses we found at Forever 21. We are so totally stylin' - right?! ;)

3 comments:

Lawther family said...

good fun. Its so fun to go and do crazy things with our sisters. :) Black friday was great for me too. :)

By the way... I tag you. Go to my blog to find out the tag.. have fun.

The Grahams said...

i decided this year would probably not be the best year to try to brave the crowds- might've been really akward if my water had broken in the middle of a crowd :). Thanksgiving was so fun!! I am so glad we all got to make it out to Glide! I am looking forward to next year already!

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Sounds like your black friday was great. FYI - Walmart price matches. So if your store is sold out and walmart carries the same exact item you can go in there, show them the ad, and get the toy for the price of another store's.

Merry Christmas