Friday, October 24, 2008

Copper Highlights and the Morning Off

I guess, technically I probably got blonde highlights and copper lowlights, but whatever. Here's the new hair - I had it done about 2 weeks ago. I kept it a little longer this time because I liked the option of straightening it or wearing it curly. I also needed to be able to just put it in a ponytail if I was running short on time in the mornings. You can't really tell in this picture, but she had put some nice, soft curls in my hair - now I just need to train myself to be coordinated enough to use a curling iron!

So after my hair appointment in the morning I headed over to the mall. Ahhhh... the freedom!! No cranky toddler or husband trying to rush me along. It was so nice just to take my time browsing and also not to have to deal with a stroller. Heaven!! Of course, I pretty much just bought Ethan some much-needed long-sleeve shirts - including a cute, new Oregon sweatshirt to wear for Duck Football Saturdays! But I also replenished a few cosmetic items for me - I was pretty desperate for a new blush and concealer which was enough to get me the Clinique gift with purchase. Hey, I'm all for a free gift - especially when it includes a cute new make-up bag!

It was so, so nice to have the morning to myself - I made sure to thank Sean and surprised him with some of his favorite See's chocolates. And to top it all off, it meant that I didn't have to be home while the plumber was here. Wohoo!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow...that all sounds heavenly. And your hair is super cute!

Christine said...

don't we just look cute! :)
Love your hair@

The Grahams said...

i am jealous...... an afternoon all alone away from home..... so nice. I am looking forward to when John is done with the CPA completely so I can get some of those in. Cute hair! Like the curls- haven't seen you with curly hair for awhile!

Auntie M said...

Sean rushing someone? Hard to imagine. Love the hair,etc. etc.