So, as you can see, we went swimming! We have only been able to take Ethan a few other times. He was only mildly entertained by the kiddie pool at Splash, but I think he was still too young to really appreciate it! As a random, last-minute request, we joined my sister Elisabeth and her friend at the pool while Christine was working that night.
Ethan LOVED it!! We bobbed around in the shallow side of the pool for quite a while and did a few quick dunks to get him used to the water. Then auntie 'Lisbeth' took him down the slide a couple of times - which he also loved. Just before it was time to get out, Sean and I started tossing Ethan back and forth in the water. We would say, "One... Two... Three... Go!" and then toss him back. Talk about non-stop giggles. So cute. It was fun to see him enjoy it so much!
Also while we were in the water, I was trying to help Ethan get a feel for floating. I would hold him at water level with my hand under his belly. I couldn't believe it when he started kicking his legs and doing almost armstrokes! I'm not sure where he picked that up because we hadn't been swimming in over 5-6 months. Maybe it was all of the Olympic swimming we watched, but I was sure impressed. Elisabeth is convinced we may have the next Michael Phelps. Umm... let's wait until he eats spaghetti with a fork and not his hands before we start making any future plans for him!
Anyway. It was a fun time and I've realized I definitely need to go get myself a new swimsuit so we can make this a more regular family activity!
8 comments:
It is so fun to swim with kids. Looks like a ton of fun. :)
Cute pics! For some reason I can't view the video, but I think blogger is doing some kind of update. I'll have to check back. :)
Omigosh I'm so jelous! When we went to visit my mom we tried to go to Splash and the other pool and Splash was closed and the other didn't have play swim at that time. I haven't found a pool here to take Ben too.
Swimming is just in Ethan's genes! He'll be a natural.
how fun! So Jackson watched the videos with me, and when you and sean were throwing Ethan between yourselves, he kept saying, "Good Catch!" when you caught him. This post makes me want to take Jackson swimming right now! It's been way too long
I took most of those pictures! :) That was fun...even though I was working and not actually spending time with you! lol
too fun!!! Who know's..maybe you should stick him on a swim team right now. (he needs a jump start to keep up with Phelps ya know ;o) )
Looks like lots of fun! My kids love Splash!
Hey I was wondering if you have a Camp CD that you could copie for me. I am a Daisy Troop leader and would love to have a copy of the Camp songs. Thanks~ email me at kimisabin@gmail.com
With a mom like Jenn-Jenn, we all knew Ethan would be an aquaphile! How I miss my "lively" days at splash.
Post a Comment